Holiday Homes In France
Superb chalet-style house of the Jura
90 minutes from Dijon, Geneva and Lyon
The property is a large chalet-style house, built in 1973. Spacious, colourful and airy, it faces south west, giving sun all day and comprises:
- Five double bedrooms, all large enough for king sized beds and all with fitted wardrobes
and polished wooden floors, one has its own balcony.
- Another is currently fitted as a gym.
- Five en-suite tiled toilet/shower rooms.
- Large fitted kitchen-dining room to seat up to ten diners.
- A second, large fitted kitchen in the apartment.
- A self-contained apartment overlooking the valley and the gardens.
- Three large reception rooms: the main one has two double French windows opening onto
the main balcony. Another opens onto its own balcony.
- A large, fully fitted, office.
- A utility room.
- Two balconies and four terraces overlooking the valley. Two of the terraces are large
enough to seat ten diners.
- 374 sq metres of living area.
- 776 sq metres of land, surrounded by trees.
- Full central heating (oil fired and/or wood burning stove).
- Garage for up to three cars.
- Parking for up to five cars.
‘Rendez-vous’ is slightly elevated on a hillside above the river Ain, with fine views across the valley, within walking distance of the village of Monnet la Ville, which has an attractive village store, a boulangerie/charcuterie, fromagerie, a restaurant and a school. There are museums, galleries, concert halls, doctors, a hospital, a cinema, traiteurs, a cave des vins, weekly markets, major supermarkets, a railway station, cleaners, garages; all of the desired services within ten to thirty minutes drive locally. There is a larger choice of shops and amenities in the old towns of Champagnole and Lons le Saunier, the ancient capital of the Jura, where Roget de Lisle wrote The Marseillaise.
There are fine walks from the house, and throughout the surrounding countryside, around lakes, along rivers, in deep reculées (closed ended valleys with rivers and towering cliffs). The beautiful Lac de Chalain, with its sandy beaches, is just five minutes away. There are eight other lakes nearby. Temperatures and sunshine are only slightly (officially 2 degrees) less than Provence. Rainfall is higher, maintaining the lush greenery of the countryside, but the topography produces a micro climate in which most rain falls at night, giving plenty of daytime sunshine, even in winter.
One can visit antique markets, abbeys, chateaux, vineyards and many restaurants. Other leisure facilities nearby include: golf, canoeing, swimming, flying, windsurfing, fishing, cycling, walking, skiing (cross country and downhill) and sightseeing.
Impeccably restored and maintained,‘Rendez-vous’ has been run as a very successful bed and breakfast and self contained holiday apartment, with spacious owner accommodation. It would be perfect as a family home.
Railways: Champagnole station 10 minutes
Paris 2.5 hours and easy access to many other places,
near and far via local trains or the TGV.
Roads: Easy access to the Haut Jura National Park, Burgundy,
Champagne, Haute Savoie, Switzerland, Alsace, Germany, Normandy,
Picardie, the South of France and Italy
Airports: Dijon, Lyon and Geneva 90 minutes.
Telephone: 03 84 51 20 18 (International + 33 3 84 51 20 18)
Please mention Vacation France when contacting the owner
|Site Endorsements | About Us | Travel Directory | Terms and Conditions | Summary|
|1998-2016 Copyright Vacation France Limited|